The recent virtual Compliance Advisory Group (CAG) meeting hosted in March was a great success! We are grateful to the over 20 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) compliance professionals from accounting firms across the country who actively participated. The interactive format of the meeting allows all participants to ask questions, share knowledge, and make recommendations for edits or enhancements to the over 200 jurisdictions currently monitored in the LCvista Compliance Solutions system.
Many thanks go to Tracy Parrish from DHG, who submitted a request for clarification to the New York State Board of Accountancy regarding the CPE proration rule on behalf of Compliance leaders at several firms. She received the written clarification necessary for LCvista to update the requirements below in the jurisdiction rules.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION DISCUSSIONS
- New York State Board of Accountancy: CPE proration for licenses issued prior to January 1, 2020, has been verified and will be updated in the jurisdiction rules
- CPA Canada: CPE credit minutes updated to calculate 60-minute credit hours
- Hawaii State Board of Accountancy: recently added an annual 20-hour minimum CPE credit requirement which will be added to the jurisdiction
- Hawaii 20-hour Annual Minimum: seeking written clarification from the Hawaii Board regarding proration of credit for new licensees and acceptance of carryover credit
- NASBA Annual CPE Sponsorship Renewal: several clients reported that NASBA has accepted standard LCvista reports during the sponsorship renewal
- A newly created CPA exam status tracking jurisdiction was reviewed and will be released for testing with recommended edits
Thank you to all the participants who contribute to this community by sharing industry related knowledge and upcoming CPE compliance matters of interest. Your continued participation and feedback are critical to our ability to provide you with the highest quality Compliance Solution.